Octopus and healthy mayo salad, a traditional dish from Andalucia in Spain.
If you have ever been to Andalucia I am you tasted gazpacho or salmorejo, this octopus salad might not be as famous but I can ensure you it is delicious.
Potatoes, octopus and paprika are the main ingredients so nothing can go wrong with that. Also, instead of using regular mayo my proposal is to use healthy mayonnaise. The flavour is the same but it is easier and lighter to eat.
Hope you like it!
Looking for more salad ideas?
Fresh and easy summer salad idea:
Octopus and healthy mayo saladCourse: StarterCuisine: Spanish, AndalucianDifficulty: Easy
2 octopus legs, pre-cooked
2 green onion
2-3 boiled shrimps, peeled
2 medium-size boiled potatoes, peeled
3-4 tablespoons healthy mayonnaise
- Cut the potatoes into 1-2 con square pieces. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Chop the green onion and shrimps, add them to the bowl.
- Add the mayo to the bowl and mix them well.
- Slice the octopus into thin slices.
- Assembly: Place a plating ring in the centre of a plate.
Add a layer of potato-mayo mixture, using a spoon gently press it down.
Add a layer of octopus slices.
Add another layer of potato-mayo mixture.
Finish with a layer of octopus slices.
Slowly pull out the plating ring.
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle some smoked paprika.