My classic beef and chicken broth, slow cooker version to make warm soup in cold winter days.
Easy to make as you can just put all the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook the broth overnight.
You can use this broth some make some delicious rice, fideuà or my favourite winter soup.
I will show you how easy it is to make a classic beef and chicken broth and then use it to make some warm winter soup.
If you like the recipe please leave a comment below so other people can read your review. Thanks a million.
Beef and Chicken broth – Slow CookerCourse: Slow Cooker, SoupCuisine: SpanishDifficulty: Easy
350 g beef shin
2 chicken thighs or legs, skin removed
300 g jamón piece or jamón bone
1 garlic clove
1 celery stalk
2 small potatoes, pealed
2-3 saffron strands
- Extra ingredients to make soup:
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1-2 fresh peppermint leaves
- Cut the onion into 2 equal pieces and roast in a small pan over high heat. No oil needed. Cook about 2 minutes or until golden.
- Place all the meat in the slow cooker, beef shin, chicken thighs and jamón.
- Add the vegetables: carrot, prei, roasted onion, garlic, celery, peppercorns, potatoes and saffron.
- Fill the slow cooker with water.
- Cook on low for 12-18 hours.
- Strain the broth through a strainer and cool.
- When the broth is cold keep in the fridge for 1-2 hours so a layer of fat can form on the top. It is easier to remove the fat that way.
- Remove the fat with a spoon and discard.
- Vegetables: I like to chop the potatoes, onion and carrot into small pieces to add it to the soup.
- Meat: Use all the meat to make some delicious croquetas.
- To make soup:
- Place the broth into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Place the garlic and parsley in the mortar and smash them with the pestle until you get some kind of paste. Add it to the soup.
- Add ¼ cup of fideos per person to the boiling soup.
- Add the chopped vegetables and the peppermint leaves.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until the fideos are cooked.
- Remove the peppermint leaves from the soup.
- Serve in bowls and enjoy a warm soup.
For more slow cooker recipes, check here.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you buy something through those links I will receive a small commission at no extra cost for you. Thank you for your support!