Roasted vegetable salad that you can prepare tonight for tomorrows lunch. Red pepper, aubergine, onion and garlic, roasted in the oven and with Dutch smoked mackerel. A great combination for a different fresh salad.
I used smoked mackerel but you can use, tuna, bonito, anchovies or just skip the fish and keep it 100% vegan. All of them are great combinations.
Hope you like it!
Roasted vegetable salad with mackerelCourse: Starter, MainCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
3 red bell pepper
3 garlic cloves
1 smoked mackerel (canned tuna or bonito)
salt and pepper
- Roasted vegetables
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Lay the red peppers, aubergine, onion and garlic cloves on an oven tray. Roast the vegetables for 25-30 minutes until the skins are dark and roasted.
- Place the roasted vegetables in a large bowl or pot and cover with a lid. They need to rest for about 20-30 minutes as it will be easier to peel the skin.
- Peel the skin of the red bell peppers and remove the seeds. Cut into stripes.
Cut the aubergine and the onion into stripes.
You can prepare the salad at this point or store the vegetables in the fridge overnight to make a cold salad the day after as I usually do.
- Dressing: In a small bowl, squeeze the garlic pulp and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper. Use a fork to stir the mixture.
- Salad. Place all the roasted vegetables on a plate. Add smoked mackerel or canned tuna. Drizzled the dressing while keeping the mixture moving.