Leek and ham crustless quiche that is easy to make.
Healthy and crustless quiche that is perfect for lunch, dinner, bring it to the office or to a picnic or bbq.
With lots of vegetables and high in protein as we will use eggs and cottage cheese to make the batter.
You can cook it a day ahead, allow to cool down and bring it for an excursion, day at the beach, picnic at the park. It is perfect for any summer day trip. Even if you are going to go on a road trip. Healthy, nutritious and delicious recipe.
Can I use different vegetables?
Of course you can, use any seasonal vegetables you like. Mushrooms, green onions, asparagus, leek, zucchini, aubergine, swiss chard…
Leek and ham crustless quicheCourse: MainCuisine: Mediterranean, FrenchDifficulty: Easy
Springform pan I use is this one. (Affiliate link)
1 leek, sliced
1/2 zucchini, diced
50 g ham or bacon, chopped
1 garlic, minced
50 g cheese, grated
250 g cottage cheese
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in a medium size pan over medium heat.
- Add leek and zucchini. Cook for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-size bowl, whisk together the eggs and the cottage cheese. Add some salt and pepper.
- When the vegetables are ready add them to the bowl and stir to mix.
- Add the chopped ham and the cheese, stir to mix.
- Place parchment paper in a 18 cm springform pan.
- Pour the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- You can enjoy it warm or allow to cool down and store it in the fridge to bring it next day to the office, picnic, bbq, lunch…
Did you know that you can also make this healthy quiche on the slow cooker?
Do you need more recipe ideas to bring with you on a day trip?
Tuna empanadillas are for sure one of my favourites but these savoury muffins are always a success too.
This is the springform pan I use: 18 cm springform pan (affiliate link).