Slow cooker asparagus and mushroom quiche, a recipe between a quiche and a frittata. No crust nor heavy creams, so a really healthy recipe for everyday meals.
Easy to make recipe using seasonal vegetables to enjoy it with a nice salad. It is the perfect recipe if you are into batch cooking and you want to have a meal ready upfront as you can make it a few days in advance. Delicious to eat cold or just warm it up for a few seconds in the microwave.
I find it easier to make it on the slow cooker but you can also make it in the oven so I have both options for you 🙂
Easy, delicious and using seasonal vegetables.
For more slow cooker recipes check here.
Slow cooker asparagus and mushroom quicheCourse: Meat, Slow Cooker, VegetablesCuisine: MeanDifficulty: Easy
150 g mushrooms, sliced
100 g asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3 cm pieces
35 g ham
85 g green onion, chopped
400 g cottage cheese
Salt and pepper
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
2 spoons olive oil
- Heat oil in a medium size pan over medium heat.
- Add green onions, asparagus, ham, and mushrooms. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-size bowl, whisk together the eggs and the cottage cheese. Add some salt and pepper.
- When the vegetables are ready add them to the bowl and stir to mix.
- Get a sheet of baking paper and soak it in water. This way will be easier to place it on the slow cooker or on a round baking tray.
- Slow cooker version:
- Place the baking paper on the slow cooker.
- Pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Overn version:
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Place the baking paper on a round baking tray or coat with some olive oil.
- Pour the mixture.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes.
- Once cold store in a closed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
This post contains affiliate links.