Summer tartare with crispy salmon skin, the summer tartar edition.
Fresh, sweet and crispy summer tartare. July and August are the best months to enjoy some delicious and sweet summer fruit so I love preparing summer recipes with them.
If you like a good salmon tartare in winter you are going to love the summer edition using nectarines. Plus we will make some crispy salmon skin with goes perfect with this recipe.
Summer tartare with crispy salmon skinCourse: StarterCuisine: AsianDifficulty: Easy
400 g salmon filets
2 tomatoes, cut into cubes
2 nectarine, cut into cubes
3 tablespoon soy sauce
4 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoon sesame oil
Ground black pepper
Topping: Sesame seeds and green onion
- Prepare the salmon: Remove the skin and cut salmon into bite-size cubes. Place into a medium-size bowl. Cut the skin into 2x2cm squares and set aside.
- Marinade: Pour over the salmon cubes the soy sauce, sesame oil, chilly powder and lime juice. Mix and cool for 20-25 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, toss tomato with some olive oil, salt and ground pepper.
- Heat a small pan over high heat (do not add any oil). Add the salmon skin and cook until crispy. About 2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
Place a plating ring in the centre of a plate.
Add a layer of the tomato mixture, gently press down.
Add a layer of nectarine cubes, press down.
Add a salmon layer and press down.
Slowly pull out the plating ring.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds and sliced green onions over the tartare.
- Place a couple of crispy salmon skins on the top and enjoy.