What to do when you have leftovers from a roasted chicken? Meatballs are always a good option.
Today I am sharing a nice recipe of a main dish or as an appetizer, roasted chicken meatballs with applesauce.
Recipe for the slow cooker chicken here.
Hope you like the idea.
Roasted chicken Meatballs with ApplesauceCourse: MeatDifficulty: Easy
2 roasted chicken breast, finely chopped or ground
2 tablespoons breadcrumbs or 30 g bread
3 tablespoon milk
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
salt and pepper
1/4 cup of water
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a medium-size bowl mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Shape mixture into meatballs, I made 15 balls.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan, over medium heat. Cook meatballs on all sides until golden. Set aside.
- Peel, core and chop the apples into small pieces.
- Place the apple, water, dates and cinnamon in a medium-size pan. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 25 minutes.
- Blend in a food processor.
- Place the apple sauce in a pan and heat oven low heat. Place the meatballs in the sauce. Cook for 2 minutes and serve.