Fancy something different? Try out Grilled octopus with a creamy Parmentier and a little garlic black alioli.
It is not difficult to make and will surprise anyone with this dish.
Grilled octopus with paprika Parmentier and black alioliCourse: MainCuisine: SpanishDifficulty: Medium
800 g Octopus tentacles (pre cooked)
4 medium size potatoes
4 tablespoon Milk
1 tablespoon Paprika
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Black Alioli
4 tablespoon Alioli
1 teaspoon Squid ink
- Wash potatoes and boil them on a medium-size pot. Potatoes will be cooked in 15 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes and pass them through a food mill when they are still hot. Place it on a small pot. Add warm milk, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and paprika. Mix the purée until you get a creamy consistency. Set aside. You can serve it cold or warm it up a little bit before serving.
- Black Alioli
- Place 4 tablespoon alioli on a small bowl. Add the ink and mix. Keep in the fridge.
- Grilled octopus
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan over high heat. Grill octopus tentacles 2-3 minutes from both side, until golden.
- To serve, place some Parmentier purée on one side of the dish and add some alioli u. Place the grilled octopus on the other side. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle over a bit of paprika and salt.
- You can grill the octopus on the bbq, it is also amazing.
- I used homemade alioli which is just mayonnaise with garlic.
How to make alioli? Available soon.
How to boil octopus if you buy it frozen? Available soon.