Roasted fennel with tomato and olives, easy and flavourful way to enjoy this summer vegetable.
I got a fennel bulb a couple of weeks ago in my Lekkernassuh box, never had fennel before so it was perfect to test a new recipe. I decided to keep it simple roasting it in the over but adding a nice dressing. Could not be happier with the result. Roasted and caramelized fennel with fresh tomato and olive dressing.
The perfect way to enjoy fennel.
Hope you like it!
Roasted fennel with tomato and olivesCourse: StarterCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
1 large bulb fennel
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons olive oil
- Tomato-olives dressing
2 medium size tomatoes
8 pitted black olives
1 teaspoon dry oregano
2 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Remove the stalks from the fennel bulb and slice it into 4 mm thick slices (lengthwise).
- Arrange the slices on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, leaving 1-2 cm space between them.
- In a bowl combine the thyme, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Brush it over the slices, both sides.
- Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, until tender and a little bit caramelized on the bottom.
- In the meantime, finely chop the tomatoes and the olives. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the oregano, olive oil and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Transfer the roasted fennel to a platter and add 1 teaspoon of the dressing over each slice.
- Enjoy it!