Easy vegetable roses, just a fun way to eat vegetables. You can enjoy it as a main dish or use it as a side dish of a roasted meat or grilled fish.
Includes a video recipe with all the steps to make the roses in the easiest way.
If you want more vegetable recipes check here.
Easy vegetable rosesCourse: Main, Side dishCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
With the ingredients below you will make 6 roses.
Dry rosemary and thyme
2 tomatoes, diced
1 dry choricero pepper
1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
80 g roasted almonds or cashew nuts
- Cut the zucchini, aubergine and tomato into thin slices.
- Place sliced vegetables one after each other overlapping a little bit. Tomato, zucchini, aubergine, and repeat. Add some jamón slices over the vegetables.
Roll it (like sushi) to create a rose. You can use transparent foil to roll it.
- Grease a cupcake baking tray with olive oil. Place roses in the cupcake holes. Sprinkle some rosemary and thyme over the roses.
- Bake them on a preheated oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Place the dry choricero pepper in a bowl with hot water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook until golden.
- Transfer the onion and garlic to a food processor. Drain and add the choricero pepper and roasted almonds or cashew nuts. Blend until smooth.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the sauce in a plater and add 1 or 2 baked roses on top of the sauce. Enjoy.
Cupcake tray I use is this one:
This post contains affiliate links.