Easy kale salad with crispy chickpeas.
My go to salad all year round. It is for sure my favourite salad of 2022 and 2023 🙂
I usually make just the kale part, I do not add crispy chickpeas always. it is absolutely delicious as starter of any meal.
Easy and flavourful salad using fresh seasonal kale. Ready in 10 minutes and perfect for lunch.
I grow kale at the urban garden and I love make kale chips but it also get boring to have kale chips all the time, plus in hot summer days, you do not want to use the oven.
This salad is just perfect to enjoy in hot summer days, it is fresh, flavourful and full of nutrients. Perfect lunch or dinner idea.
Includes a video recipe 🙂
Easy kale saladCourse: SaladCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
180 g fresh kale
1 garlic clove
1/2 lemon juice
2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
30 g grated Parmesan or Pecorino
- Crispy chickpeas
250 g can chickpeas
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (spicy or sweet)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Crispy chickpeas
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Place them in large bowl.
- Stir together chickpeas with the rest of the ingredients (garlic, paprika, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper).
- Transfer them to a medium size pan and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally so they will get crispy evenly.
- Kale salad
- Crush garlic and anchovies in a mortar with the pestle until mashed and paste-like.
- Working in batches, chop the kale into small pieces. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the garlic and anchovies paste, lemon juice, olive oil, chili flakes, black pepper and grated parmesan.
- Mix and massage the chopped kale with the rest of the ingredients using your hands.
- Taste add add more parmesan, olive oil or lemon juice if needed.
- Transfer to a platter.
- Top with the crispy chickpeas and enjoy it!
You can just make the kale salad and enjoy as a starter or side dish. But you can also top it with some crispy chickpeas to make a great meal out of it.
I love using parmesan cheese for the dressing but you can also use some pecorino cheese. Both are great options.