Ready to cook the best slow cooker pork ribs tacos?
Juicy and full of flavour! The meat is so tender it falls off the bone. Served in some amazing tacos with roasted vegetables and fresh-made guacamole. Can not think of a better combination.
Of course you can enjoy the slow cooker pork ribs with roasted vegetables or potatoes. They are so delicious but I want to give you an option to make some amazing tacos.
I usually make wholemeal tortillas at home but I had not time, this week. I promise I will share with you how to make them on a video recipe soon.
This time is a classic honey-soy-pepper sauce but use your favourite sauce, here some ideas:
- Barbecue sauce
- White wine sauce: Minced garlic, white wine, chopped parsley, salt and pepper
- Honey mustard sauce
- Chipotle sauce
- Honey-soy-pepper sauce
- Mustard Barbecue sauce
I usually make these tacos with roasted vegetables and guacamole but here some more ideas.
- Roasted Vegetables: Mushrooms, onion, carrot, red bell pepper, aubergine, zucchini, pumpkin…
- Garlic yoghurt sauce (check recipe here)
- Lime yoghurt sauce
- Mustard yoghurt sauce
- Cabbage slaw (check recipe here)
- Cottage cheese
- Pico de gallo
Take some ideas and make your perfect tacos, and leave a comment below the recipe if you like them 🙂
Slow Cooker Pork Ribs TacosCourse: Meat, Slow CookerCuisine: Slow cookerDifficulty: Easy
With the ingredients below you can make 6-8 tacos.
750 g pork short ribs
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
½ teaspoon minced garlic or garlic powder
Roasted vegetables: Onion, carrot, mushrooms, aubergine
- Honey-soy sauce
2 tablespoon honey
3 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a medium bowl combine the honey, soy sauce, pepper and garlic.
- Season the ribs from both sides with the sauce using a brush.
- Place them in a sealed container or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12 hours or over-night.
- Place the ribs in the slow cooker vertically (see picture below), so they will cook evenly.
- Cook in HIGH for 4 hours.
- When the ribs are almost ready, pre-heat the oven to 200ºC and roast the vegetables.
- Roasted vegetables: Place sliced vegetables on a baking tray, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes at 200ºC.
- When the ribs are ready remove them from the slow cooker and place them on the baking tray (move the vegetables to one side).
- Honey-soy sauce: In a medium bowl combine the honey, soy sauce, pepper, garlic and the liquid from the slow cooker.
- Brush the ribs from both sides with the sauce. Bake for 15 minutes at 200-220ºC.Open the oven and brush the ribs (just the upper-meaty part) every 5 minutes, so 3 times in total. This will create an amazing caramelized layer.
- Allow the ribs to cool and rest for 2-3 minutes and remove the bones. They will fall off easily.
- Assembly tacos: Place some meat in a warm tortilla, add some roasted vegetables and one tablespoon guacamole. Serve warm and enjoy!
The slow cooker I have is this one.
If you need more slow cooker recipes, have a look at my latest Ebook:
Pack of 3 single recipes – SLOW COOKER – DIGITAL€7,95
Pack of 3 single recipes – SLOW COOKER – PRINT€11,95
Chickpea curry – Single recipe – PRINT€4,95
Marinated salmon – Single recipe – PRINT€4,95
Stuffed slow cooker chicken – Single recipe – PRINT€4,95
Stuffed slow cooker chicken – Single Recipe DIGITAL€2,95
Marinated salmon – slow cooker – single recipe – DIGITAL€2,95
Ebook – Fish and Legumes – Slow cooker€19,95
This post contains affiliate links.