Easy slow cooker chicken curry perfect for dinner.
Basic chicken curry recipe that is easy to make, with lots of flavour and perfect to freeze it or as part of your batch cooking recipes.
You can use chicken breast or chicken thighs, but I think it will be more tender with chicken thighs.
Includes a video recipe.
Do you need more slow cooker recipes? Let me share some of my favourites.
Slow cooker chicken curryCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
1 kg skinless and boneless chicken thighs
1 onion, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper or spicy pepper, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 cm piece fresh ginger, minced
1 cinnamon stick
1 tablespoon of tomato pure
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon garam masala
400 ml coconut milk
Salt and pepper
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large pan with a little bit of olive oil over high heat, sear the chicken in batches.
- Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the same large pan.
- Add the chopped onion and green pepper. Cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the cinnamon stick, tomato pure, turmeric, cumin and garam masala powder. Swirl everything around for about 30 seconds until spiced release a fragrant aroma.
- Pour the coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Transfer the sauce to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Place the lid and cook on HIGH for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Serve with some rice and top with chopped green onions.