Zucchini and goat cheese omelet, an easy way to enjoy this summer vegetable.
Zucchini season is here and I harvest lots of them at the urban garden each week, so this omelet is an easy idea to enjoy them.
It is easy to make and we are going to add some onion, green pepper and goat cheese to make it even more flavourful.
Also, zucchini and goat cheese omelet is a great dinner idea or perfect to bring it for a picnic as cold is even better that warm.
For more picnic ideas for summer check here.
The recipe includes a video with all the steps so enjoy it!
Zucchini and goat cheese omeletCourse: MainCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
400 g zucchini, thinly sliced
1 onion, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
Goat cheese, sliced
6 fresh eggs
Salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan. Add the zucchini and sauté until soften and a little bit caramelized.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium size pan (the one you will use to make the omelet afterwards). Sauteé the onion and green pepper until soften and caramelized.
- In the meantime, beat the eggs in s large bowl.
- Transfer the onion, green pepper and zucchini to the bowl with the eggs, mix and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil on the medium size pan. Add half of the omelet mixture, cover with goat cheese slices and ass the rest of the omelet mixture. Cook in low heat for 4-5 minutes, until the bottom of the omelet turns golden bowl.
- Flip over the omelet using a flat platter or lid.
- Cook for another 4-5 minutes on low heat or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Transfer to a platter and enjoy it!