Super easy kale chips with parmesan cheese, my favourite summer snack.
The urban garden is doing great this year and I harvest fresh kale every week. There are two main things I love making with fresh kale, chips and stir-fried to enjoy it with some lentil stew.
But I have to say that with the very first harvest I always make kale.
So easy to make and you can use your favourite seasoning. Mine for sure it is lots of black pepper and a little bit of parmesan cheese.
Use your favourite seasonings, you will find some ideas on the notes below the recipe.
Easy kale chips with parmesanCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
1 bunch kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
Ground black pepper
Grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a parchment paper over the baking tray.
- Wash the kale and dry with a salad spinner.
- Place the kale in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper. Toss thoroughly to combine, using hand or 2 spoons.
- Spread the kale over the baking tray and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, until the edges brown but are not burnt. Keep an eye as they will burn easily.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly, so it will get even more crispy.
- Transfer to a large bowl and enjoy inmediately.
- Seasoning: Use your favourite mix. Cumin powder, chili powder, curry powder and nutritional yeast combination is delicious.
- Add some chili powder if you want it a bit spicy, it is great.
Do you want to know how to rent an urban garden in The Hague?