Simple and basic recipe to make Spanish lentil stew with vegetables. I love a great lentil stew for dinner with some greens on top of it. My favourite way of eating it is adding some stir-fried kale, spinach or swiss chard depending on the season.
You can add some boiled rice to this lentil stew to make a great meal for dinner.
Also if you are looking for new ideas for batchcooking, this stew is perfect. Super easy recipe as everything is cooked on the same pot. Ones all the vegetables, lentils and water are in, you can use the time to cook something else as you do not even need to stir them.
Basic and easy recipe if you are learning how to cook or you a batchcooking recipe. #cookwannabe
Lentil stewCourse: Dinner, LunchCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
500 g of lentils (Puy lentils)
1 chopped large onion
1/2 chopped green or red pepper
2 chopped carrots
2 garlic cloves
2 medium potatoes, cut into pieces
1/2 chopped zucchini
1/4 chopped aubergine
3 chopped plum tomatoes
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon smoked paprika (de la Vera Paprika)
1 bay leaf
2,5 litres of water
- Optional: Stir-fried Kale
1 garlic clove, sliced
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the chopped onion, the red/green pepper and carrots. Add a bit of salt and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, aubergine, garlic and potatoes. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the smoked paprika, stir and quickly add the chopped tomatoes. The paprika can burn quickly so be careful. Add the bay leaf.
- Stir and add the lentils, 2,5 litres of water.
- Bring to boil and simmer in low heat for 60 minutes until the lentils are soft.
- Optional: Stir-fried kale
- Heat oil in a wok or a pan. Add the garlic and the chopped kale.
- Add salt and stir-fry for 4 minutes.
- Serve directly on top of the lentil stew.
- I prefer to cook the lentils the day before as they taste better.
- I always cook more lentils so I can keep them in the deep freezer. It is a great meal when you do not have time to cook.
- To chop all the ingredients super quickly I use a food chopper, mine is from Fissler Finecut. One of the best tools in my kitchen.
Do you want more fall recipes? Click here.