Easy pickled radish, a great way to enjoy this lovely vegetable.
I harvested lots of radishes at the urban garden last week and I wanted to do something different with them. So I decided to make pickled radish in 2 different versions, 1 more classic and the other one Asian style.
Use your favourite spices to flavour the pickled radish:
- Garlic, peppercorn and bay leaf
- Ginger and garlic
- Ginger, garlic and lemongrass
- Rose peppercorn and garlic
- Allspices berries and garlic
- Chilli pepper and garlic
Easy and simply delicious.
Easy pickled radishCourse: Side dish, ToppingDifficulty: Easy
I filled 2 medium size jars (jam jars) with the ingredients below.
150 ml apple vinegar
150 ml water
1 teaspoon salt
150 g sliced radish
¼ red onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves
2 bay leaves
8-10 rose peppercorn
- Pack with ½ of the radish and onion slices a clean jar.
- Add 1 garlic, 1 bay leaf, 4 rose peppercorns and 2 allspices berries.
- Pack the rest of the jar with the remaining radish and onion slices.
- Top with garlic, bay leaf, rose peppercorns and allspices.
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, water and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for 1 minute and allow to cool down for 10 minutes.
- Pour the brine over the radishes.
- Let the jar cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate for 24-48 hours.
- Keep in the refrigerator for several weeks and use them on a summer salad, as a fresh topping on spiced meat wraps…
- To make the Asian style I used: garlic, fresh ginger, lemongrass and allspices.