Easy baked parsnip fries are my new favourite side dish. Crunchy, tender and caramelised! So, so good!
If you never had parsnip before you need to know that it is a root vegetables related to carrots and parsley. Like a large beige/white carrot.
There are lots of different ways to make parsnip fries but let’s start with a really easy and simple one 🙂
Olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and your favourite dry herb is all we are going to use.
Key to get perfectly baked parsnip fries?
It is important to leave space between the vegetables when we bake them so the water will evaporate and the vegetables will caramelized. Never overcrowd a baking tray with tons of vegetables.
Always on a single layer and space among them.
Easy baked parsnip friesCourse: Appetizers and Snack, Side dish, Vegan
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/ 4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon dry thyme or rosemary
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Peel the parsnip and cut into 5-6 cm strips. Place them in a medium-size bowl.
- Toss the parsnip with the rest of the ingredients.
- Spread out the parsnip in a baking tray. They need to be on a single layer and should touch each other. It is important to leave space between the vegetables when we bake them so the water will evaporate and the vegetables will caramelized.
- Bake for 30-40 mins until tender and browned.
Do you need more side dish ideas?