Citrus marinated sea bass with pickled peppers, fresh and a little bit spicy combination that is perfect as a starter for any special dinner.
It is so easy to make and can be made 1 day in advance then it is just a matter of serving it on a nice platter. For sure a dish to surprise your guest.
Do you need more appetizer ideas? Check here some of my favourites.
Citrus marinated sea bass with pickled peppersCourse: Appetizers and Snack, Pintxos (Tapas)
180 g sea bass, bones and skin removed
1 lemon, juice
3 lime, juice
Lemon (1) and Lime (3) zest
2 tablespoon apple vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
4-5 pickled peppers (piparras)
1/2 shallot, thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl combine the lemon and lime juice with the vinegar, lemon and lime zest, salt and pepper.
- Place the sea bass fillet on a cutting board and with a sharp knife slice thinly on an angle.
- In a medium-size container, place a layer of sea bass slices.
- Pour a little bit of the acid mixture. Add another layer of sea bass fillet. Repeat.
- Close the container and store it in the refrigerator for 2 to 8 hours.
- Place the marinated sea bass on a platter. Place some shallot sliced over the fish and sprinkle with some roasted almonds.
- Chop the pickled peppers and sprinkle over the sea bass. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
- As we are not going to cook the fish make sure to freeze the fish fillet 24h in advance.