Mediterranean style grilled cuttlefish, easy and quick dinner idea.
Just a few ingredients and 10 minutes are all you need to make a delicious dinner. Use cuttlefish or calamari to grill them Mediterranean style. Pan grilled or on a nice bbq, both options are great.
The key to getting that golden skin is to use a good quality non-stick pan. If you follow me on social media you know that my absolute favourite pans are from BRA. (No they do not pay me to say that, they should 🙂 ) The quality of these pans is amazing and definitely they make a huge difference in delicate food such as fish or seafood.
What can I make as a side dish for the grilled cuttlefish?
Let me inspire you with some delicious combinations:
- Leek And Shrimp Winter Salad (with or without the shrimp)
- Greek salad
- Roasted Vegetable Salad (without the mackerel)
- Salad with pan fried crispy chickpeas
- Tomato salad
- Green Beans Salad With Mustard Dressing
You can enjoy them as an appetizer, starter, or as a main dish adding some boiled rice and grilled vegetables.
Mediterranean style grilled cuttlefishCourse: BBQ, Fish
2 medium-size clean cuttlefish
2 garlic cloves sliced
4 tablespoon white wine
2 tablespoon chopped parsley
3 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on a large grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Pat dry cuttlefish with paper towels.
- Place them on the grill pan and cook until browned on both sides, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a platter and season with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and reduce the heat slightly. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add parsley and white wine.
- Cook for 2 minutes and pour over the cuttlefish. Garnish with more parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
- BBQ or outdoor grilling:
- Pat dry cuttlefish and brush with olive oil.
- Chop garlic and parsley. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in olive oil and white wine.
- Grill cuttlefish for 2-3 minutes on each side. Use this mixture to brush the squid while cooking, a couple of times on each side.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
I have this set of 3 pans from BRA and couldn’t be happier:
This post contains affiliate links.