Leek and shrimp winter salad, full of flavour and easy to make.
Who said salads are just for summer?
If you can find curled endive, chicory or escarole instead of regular lettuce better, it is in season in winter and it is just perfect for this salad.
Leek and shrimp winter saladCourse: Starter, MainCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
Lettuce or escarole
2 medium-size leeks, just the white part
1 lemon juice
8 fresh peeled shrimps
Roasted peanuts, a handful
1 teaspoon olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-size skillet over low heat.
- Add the leeks cut into 2 cm pieces. Cook over low heat for about 8 minutes until soft and golden.
- In the meantime, peel the mandarin and place the slices in a bowl with the lemon juice. Set aside. You can also cut slices into halves.
- Place some lettuce or escarole on a plater.
- Add the leeks.
- Cook the shrimps on the same skillet over high heat. 30 seconds from each side.
- Place shrimps on the middle of the salad.
- Add mandarin slices, do not add the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle some roasted peanuts.
- Dressing: Combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and salt in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.