Cabbage rolls stuffed with minced chicken and lots of spices. Simple and delicious combination to make a different starter or a main dish.
Cabbage rollsCourse: Starter, mainCuisine: AsianDifficulty: Easy
1/2 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 lemon juice
500 g chicken minced meat
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon water
To serve: roasted sesame seeds
- Chicken filling
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Crush the coriander and cumin seeds in a mortar with a pestle.
- Add to the skillet and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the minced meat, season with salt and pepper and cook for 4 minutes.
- Pour the lemon juice and add garam masala. Combine and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Meantime, peel 12-14 cabbage leaves and boil them in a large pot for 2-3 minutes.
- Cut off the thick spine of each leave.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the chicken filling, roll and place seam side down in a greased baking pan. Check the video below to see how to roll them.
- Cover the baking pan with foil and bake for 35 mins at 200 °C.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl to make the sauce.
- Sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds on top of the rolls and serve with the sauce. Enjoy them!
If you are using this cabbage, you can just peel the leaves easily.
But if you are using white cabbage, you will need to boil the whole cabbage for 5 minutes to be able to separate the leaves.