The classic Greek salad is made with fresh Mediterranean ingredients: tomatoes, red and green pepper, olives… Plus an amazing dressing with dry oregano.
The perfect salad for a hot summer day as it is fresh, crispy, healthy and super tasty. If you add a piece of bread then it is the perfect combination.
Hope you like the recipe 🙂
Greek Salad – classicCourse: Salad, StarterCuisine: GreekDifficulty: Easy
1/2 red bell or italian pepper
1/2 green bell or italian pepper
1/2 red onion
16 kalamata olives
75 g feta cheese
Dressing: 4 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon dry oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cut the tomatoes into wedges and place them in a bowl or a plate.
- Cut the green and red pepper into thin strips, add them to the salad.
- Thinly slice the onion, add to salad.
- Chop the feta cheese into cubes and add it to the salad.
- Add kalamata olives.
- Dressing: Place in a small bowl all the ingredients and stir with a spoon to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- Serve with bread.
- You can use black olive instead of kalamata olives.
- The real Greek salad has also 1/2 cucumber. You can add it if you like it.