Sauteed broad beans with boquerones or fresh anchovies, so simple and so good.
The perfect combination to enjoy seasonal vegetables and fish.
We are going to sautee fresh broad beans with garlic and good quality canned tomato, simple but so good. The key as always is to use a good quality canned tomato as tomatoes are not in season in winter so we can not use the fresh ones.
Grilled fish at home?
Another secret to making grilled fish at home is to use good non-stick pans, you know mines are from BRA, and I love them. The quality is amazing and the fish or meat will never stick to the pan anymore.
I will leave a link below in case you need to change your pans.
Looking for more recipes with seasonal vegetables?
Let me inspire you:
- Easy Swiss Chard Curry
- Broad Beans With Poached Egg
- Leek And Shrimp Winter Salad
- Ham And Cheese Stuffed Swiss Chard Stems
- Slow Cooker Asparagus And Mushroom Quiche
- Fish Pie With Cauliflower Béchamel
Let’s make a delicious meal!
Sauteed broad beans with boqueronesCourse: Fish, Vegetables
350 g fresh broad beans
2 garlic cloves
2 canned whole tomatoes, diced
1 lemon juice
Fresh parsley, chopped
8-10 fresh anchovies, cleaned
- Cook the broad beans in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and peel. Set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a medium-size skillet over medium heat.
- Slice 1 garlic clove and add to the pan. Cook for 1 minute and add diced tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the broad beans. Sauteé for 2 minutes.
- Combine 1 minced garlic, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon chopped parsley in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil in a medium-size pan over high heat.
- Season the anchovies with salt and when the pan is hot, cook for 1 minute from each side.
- Serve the sauteed broad beans on a platter and place the grilled anchovies on top.
- Pour a bit of the lemon juice, garlic and parsley dressing over the anchovies and enjoy it!
I have these pans from BRA:
This post contains affiliate links.