Ham and cheese stuffed swiss chard stems, a delicious and easy way to eat this seasonal vegetable.
Quick and easy recipe that it is a great idea for dinner. Plus it is a great idea to eat vegetables in a different way.
If you need more swiss chard recipes here some of my favourites.
Leave a comment if you try the recipe.
Ham and cheese stuffed swiss chard stemsCourse: VegetablesCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
4 swiss chard white stems
4 cheese slices
4 ham slices
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon olive oil
- Clean the swiss chard stems.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt.
- Add the chard stems and boil for 6-8 minutes.
- Drain and cool them under cold running water.
- Cut each stem to get 2 equal pieces.
- Lay out half of the stem and place 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese on top. Cover with the other half of the stem to make short of a sandwich. Repeat with the rest of the stems.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and the garlic. Cook the garlic for 1 minute from both sides and remove.
- Place the stuffed stems in the pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Serve with a bit of side salad and enjoy.