Butternut squash soup, creamy and warm soup is almost always in my weekly menu. I love it in winter but also in chilly spring days as lunch. Super easy to make and can be cooked couple of days in advance and kept in the refrigerator.
This soup can be a great starter or adding some toppings a complete meal. My brother adds black pepper as topping and I have to say it became my favourite topping too. Hope you like my version of it! Let´s cook it!
Butternut Squash soupCourse: Lunch, DinnerDifficulty: Easy
1/2 butternut squash
2 small potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 litre of water
- Heat a medium-size pot over medium heat. Peel and chop the onion. Add it to the pot with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Peel and cut the rest of the ingredients while the onion turns soft and a little bit gold. You do not need to make small pieces as we will blend the soup afterwards.
- When the onion turns a bit gold add the rest of the ingredients. Add the water, bring to boil and let it simmer for 20 minutes until the veggies are soft.
- Blend all the ingredients until you get a creamy soup. Add salt and pepper if you need it.
- Serve in 2 bowls with some extra pepper on top of it.
- You can add the topping you prefer: yogurt, sunflower seed, poached egg, grilled mushrooms…