All you need to know on how to cook white asparagus.
April is the best month to eat fresh white asparagus. I saw them multiple times at the market last year but I never bought them. This year I decided to get some to try to cook them at home, and it turned out they are super easy to cook and delicious.
Here are some tips on how to cook amazing white asparagus at home.
How to cook white asparagusCourse: Appetizers, Starter
8 fresh white asparagus
1 tablespoon salt
3.5 L water
- Heat the water in a large pot.
- Peel the asparagus.
- Add salt to the boiling water and place the asparagus one by one. Boil them for 20 mins.
- Take a large dish and place the asparagus inside while they are still warm. Cover them with the water you use to cook them, be careful as it will be hot.
- Wait until it cools down to eat them or keep them in the refrigerator for next day.
- The easiest way to eat them is cold with some mayo on top of it, but I will share soon a nice recipe to eat them grilled with mushrooms.