I love fresh goat cheese to make a toast with honey and walnuts. It is not easy to find it sometimes so I decided to make it at home couple of weeks ago. It is easy to make and delicious, so I already made it twice… Hope you like the recipe!
Fresh Goat CheeseDifficulty: Easy
1,5 liters fresh goat milk
55 ml lemon juice
- In a large pot heat the goat milk until it reaches 90ºC.
- Remove from heat and add the lemon juice. Stir and set aside for 45 minutes. Until cuds form and it cools down a bit.
- Line a colander with cheesecloth and pour the milk. Add salt and mix.
- Close the cheesecloth and allow the whey to drain.
- I like a creamy cheese so I do not drain the liquid too much, for me with 30 minutes is enough. You can leave it more time if you like it dry.
- Place the cheese ball in a mold. I use a plating ring to make a small cheese.
- Keep in the refrigerator in a closed container.
- You can make a toast with some fresh goat cheese, honey and walnuts. Or spread it over some grilled red peppers.
Zorionak! Poliki poliki dena probatzen joango gara! Pikantedun muxuak ere!