Easy beans dip, that is better than hummus.
I had this bean dip couple of times at a Mexican restaurant in The Hague and loved it. When I like something new in a restaurant I have to try making it at home 🙂 so here is my version of this delicious white bean dip for a Mexican dinner.
Easy beans dipCourse: Appetizers and SnackCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
1 can of cooked white beans (or black beans)
1/2 chopped onion
1 chopped garlic clove
1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder
1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat a small pan over medium heat and add the chopped onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, until golden.
- Place the beans in a colander and rinse them under cold running water.
- Place the beans, onion, garlic, cumin powder, salt and the olive oil in a food processor and blend them all until you get a creamy texture. You might need to add a little bit of water to get a creamy texture.
Taste and adjust: add more salt, olive oil or cumin powder if needed and blend again.
- Serve the dip with tortilla chips, carrot or paprika sticks…
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Use your favourite beans, my favourite is with cannellini white beans, so creamy and so good.