This chicken with beer is known at my family as Grandma´s chicken. It is made with few and simple ingredients but the result is mouth-watering. I warn you that you will need some bread, as the sauce is amazing for some bread dipping. Enjoy it!
Chicken with beerCourse: MainCuisine: SpanishDifficulty: Easy
4 chicken thighs
1 large onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 glass of beer or white wine
1 glass of water
ground black pepper
1 bay leaf
- Chop the onion and garlic cloves.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and brown the chicken, onion and garlic. Medium heat.
- Stir and add the beer and some water to almost cover the chicken. Add the bay leaf, salt and ground black pepper.
- Bring to boil and simmer in low heat for 40 minutes until the chicken thighs get soft.
- When the chicken is almost cooked move the pan in a circular motion until the sauce thickens.
- Cook it one day in advance for a better taste.
- Add some roasted potato wedges before serving.
- For me, the best beer for this dish is a lager, like Heineken. If you like the taste of stronger beers feel free to try it.
- You can also add a glass of white wine instead of beer, it will be a bit sweeter but also great.