This chicken with beer is known at my family as Grandma´s chicken. It is made with few and simple ingredients but the result is mouth-watering. I warn you that you will need some bread, as the sauce is amazing for some bread dipping. Enjoy it!
Do you maybe need some more chicken recipe inspiration? Check these recipes.
Chicken with beerCourse: MainCuisine: SpanishDifficulty: Easy
4 chicken thighs
1 large onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 glass of beer or white wine
1 glass of water
ground black pepper
1 bay leaf
- Chop the onion and garlic cloves.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and brown the chicken, onion and garlic. Medium heat.
- Stir and add the beer and some water to almost cover the chicken. Add the bay leaf, salt and ground black pepper.
- Bring to boil and simmer in low heat for 40 minutes until the chicken thighs get soft.
- When the chicken is almost cooked move the pan in a circular motion until the sauce thickens.
- Cook it one day in advance for a better taste.
- Add some roasted potato wedges before serving.
- For me, the best beer for this dish is a lager, like Heineken. If you like the taste of stronger beers feel free to try it.
- You can also add a glass of white wine instead of beer, it will be a bit sweeter but also great.