Spinach florentine style with spinach from the urban garden. One of my favourite dinner ideas to eat vegetables in a delicious way.
This year I decided to add two small raised vegetable beds at the terrace. Each planter is 80×60 and divided into 4 spaces, so I decided to plant all kind of different vegetables. It makes me extremely happy to see things grow from seeds. It is really rewarding to take care of them to get your own vegetables. You will not get much, but making some kale chips or spinach from homegrown vegetables is pure happiness for me.
Spinach are ready to harvest them so I made some Spinach Florentine with an egg for dinner. Quick and easy to make, hope you like it!
Spinach florentineCourse: Vegetables, VegetarianCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
400 g of spinach
1 chopped onion
1 chopped garlic clove
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
2 fresh eggs
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat the oil in a large pan and sauté the onion and the garlic.
- Add the spinach a handful at a time, stir and add more.
- Season with the salt, ground pepper and grated nutmeg. Cook until it wilts.
- On low heat make 2 hollows in the spinach mixture and crack in the eggs.
- Cover the pan with the lid for 4 minutes and then remove the lid until the eggs are cooked. Time will depend if you like the eggs more or less cooked.
- Serve with some parmesan cheese on top if you like it.
Que ricas esas espinacas del huerto propio que satisfacción .