Grilled buttermilk chicken with soy and honey sauce.
Tender and juicy chicken with amazing soy and honey glaze.
Cook them in the bbq or oven, the result is amazing.
Grilled buttermilk chickenCourse: MainCuisine: BBQDifficulty: Easy
1 kg chicken wings
2 cups of buttermilk
- Soy and honey sauce
2/3 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Place the chicken on a cutting board and add sea salt from both sides.
- Place the chicken and the buttermilk in a container making sure the chicken is submerged (use a small container). Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk and place it in a resealable plastic container.
- Add your favourite marinade/sauce, I added the honey, soy sauce and black pepper. Mix to ensure the marinade is evenly distributed, cover and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
- BBQ: Grill the wings until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- OVEN: Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer on the rack.
Bake for 45 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Homemade buttermilk: 2 cups of milk + 2 tablespoons of lemon juice or vinegar. Mix and set aside for 5 minutes.