Salmorejo for me marks the beginning of sunny and warm days. This traditional Andalusian tomato and bread soup is a must in my weekly menu with the first warm spring days. Super easy to make and you can combine it with any toppings you like. Hope you like my version of it.
The beginning of sunny and warm days.
SalmorejoCourse: Starter, lunchCuisine: SpanishDifficulty: Easy
8 vine-ripened tomatoes
100 gr of bread from the day before (soak it in water a little bit before)
50 ml Olive oil
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon salt
Toppings: Hard boiled egg, tuna, serrano ham…
- Place all the ingredients (except the toppings) in a blender. Blend it until you get an even and creamy texture, so it will depend on the power of the blender.
- Refrigerate until the soup is cold.
- Serve in two bowls and add the toppings. You can all chopped boiled eggs, serrano ham, tuna… Drizzle with olive oil and enjoy it!
- You can make it the day before and keep it in the refrigerator.
- I love adding tuna as topping but you can add the toppings you prefer, be creative!