How to make butter at home with heavy cream.
Homemade butter is one of those easy and fun recipes that you need to try at least once.
You only need cold heavy cream and 10 minutes, to get delicious and full of flavour butter.
Just 10 minutes and one ingredient? Yes it’s as easy as that.
How to make butter at homeCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
400 ml cold heavy cream (30% fat)
- Pour the cold cream into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken, about 2 minutes.
- Keep whisking for 4 minutes until it starts separating.
- Lower the speed quickly or you will get buttermilk splashes all over the kitchen.
- Whisk 1 minute more until the butter and the buttermilk have completely separated.
- Store the fresh buttermilk (the liquid) in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can use to make cakes, Irish soda bread or cookies.
- Press the butter with your hand to squeeze out as much buttermilk as possible. Store it in a closed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
What can I do with the fresh buttermilk?
You can use it to make cakes, cookies or this delicious Irish soda bread perfect for breakfast.