Corn tortillas without a press, yes it is possible and it is super easy.
If you love the easy chicken tacos, fish meatball tacos or pork rib tacos, maybe you want to take an extra step and cook corn tortillas at home.
I always thought is was so difficult to make corn tortillas at home, specially without a press.
It turns out, it is so easy to make them and the flavour it is such so good, I am sure you do not want to eat store-bought tortillas any more.
What kind of flour do I need to use to make corn tortillas?
We are going to use masa harina, brands like PAN are great to make tortillas.
Inspiration for tacos?
You made the tortillas, but now you need ideas for a nice filling?
What about slow cooker easy chicken tacos, fish meatball tacos with mango chutney or some slow cooker pork rib tacos?
Video recipe – Spanish
Corn tortillas without a pressCourse: MainCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
200 g corn flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl mix together the flour and the salt. Add a little bit of water and stir with a spatula. Keep adding water and stirring until evenly combined.
- Knead the dough with your hands for about 3 minutes. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls.
- Lay out a medium size piece of plastic wrap, place the dough in the middle and place another plastic wrap on top.
- Take a flat bottom pan or chopping board and press the dough down to make a flattened tortilla.
- Place you hand under the plastic to peel the tortilla.
- Transfer the tortilla to a hot nonstick skillet. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Place the cooked tortilla in a platter lined with a kitchen towel and cover. Cook the rest of the tortillas and keep them covered as you cook them. Ready to make your favourite tacos.