Do not get scared with the fancy name as Vichyssoise is a thick cold soup, extremely easy to make.
This is my own version of the traditional recipe as does not have any butter nor heavy cream, as I never use it to cook.
This cold soup made with zucchini and a few more ingredients is quick, easy and healthy. 100% vegan and perfect to serve cold on a hot day. Salmorejo and zucchini Vichyssoise are for me perfect lunch ideas during summer. If you tried salmorejo recipe I hope you try this one too.
I hope you like my version.
VichyssoiseCourse: Lunch, SoupCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Easy
1 and 1/2 zucchini
1 small onion
2 small potatoes
750 ml of water or vegetable stock
salt and pepper
a pinch of nutmeg powder
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Peel and chop onion and potatoes. Chop leek and zucchini (medium size pieces). Add all of them to the pan. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg powder. Stir and add 750 ml of water or vegetable stock.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Blend all the ingredients until you get a creamy soup. Add more water if you want it less thick.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before you eat it (try to cook it the night before). Serve in 2 bowls with some extra pepper on top of it.
- You can also decorate with grilled mushrooms or leek chips (as I did this time).