What do you think when you see salmon tartare in a menu? Does it sound like a difficult recipe or easy? I always thought it was not easy to make it at home, but the truth is that it is super easy to make. There is no need to wait for a special dinner or to go to a restaurant to enjoy this fresh dish. Actually I made it today for lunch.
The salmon tartare I did today is made with avocado and tomato, but you could also add mango, or change the salmon with tuna. I will make the tuna and mango version soon.
Salmon skin? Yes, I am using the salmon skin to make super crispy topping to add it at the end to the tartare. Seriously amazing how delicious crispy salmon skin is. Ones you try it you will never throw away the skin anymore.
Let me know if you try the recipe.
Salmon Tartare with Avocado and salmon skinCourse: Starter, MainDifficulty: Easy
300 g salmon filets
1 avocado, cut into cubes
1 tomato, cut into cubes
1 lime juice
2 tablespoon Soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper
- Prepare the salmon. Remove the skin and cut salmon in bite-size cubes. Place into a medium-size bowl. Cut the skin into strips and set aside.
Marinade the salmon adding: 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sesame oil and 2 tablespoons of lime juice. Mix and cool for 25 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, toss avocado, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, toss tomato with some 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and salt.
- Heat a small pan over high heat (do not add any oil). Add the salmon skin and cook until crispy. About 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Place a plating ring in the centre of a plate.
Add a layer of half of the tomato mixture, gently press down.
Add half of the avocado mixture, press down.
Add the final salmon layer and press down.
Slowly pull out the plating ring.
- Repeat with the second tartare.
- Add sesame seeds and the crispy salmon skin on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Do you want more appetizer recipes? Click here.