Slow cooker lasagna or as I call it the lazy lasagna.
I am going to show you how to make the easiest and juiciest lasagna on the slow cooker.
We are going to make a meat ragú with lots of vegetables and the “assembly” the lasagna in the laziest and easiest way.
Can I make a vegan version?
Of course, you can use canned lentils instead of minced meat and adjust cooking times.
Cook the filling 2 hours on HIGH instead of 3 and then 1 hour on HIGH with the pasta in it. The result is as good 🙂
Looking for more Slow Cooker recipes?
Fish, legumes, meat, summer recipes… yes you can cook all kind of recipes on the slow cooker.
The lazy lasagna on the slow cooker. Let’s start!
Slow cooker lasagnaCourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
- Filling or ragu
500 g ground meat (beef or half beef and half pork)
1 large onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1/2 red or green bell pepper
1/2 celery stalk, chopped
1/4 zucchini, chopped
1/4 aubergine, chopped
400 g canned tomato, blended
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup red wine
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Bechamel sauce
350 ml milk
30 g unsalted butter
40 g all-purpose flour
6 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over high heat.
- Stir in the chopped onion, garlic, celery, zucchini, aubergine, bell pepper and carrot and sauté, until a little bit golden. About 5 minutes. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on the same medium-size pan over high heat.
Season the meat with salt and pepper. Stir in the ground meat and sauté for 5 minutes, until slightly golden.
- Pour the red wine and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the tomate sauce, the cinnamon and the oregano. Stir to combine. Cover with the lid and cook for 3 hours on HIGH.
- Bechamel sauce:
- When the meat filling in almost ready: Heat the butter on a medium size pot over medium heat.
- When it melts, add the flour and whisk quickly. Cook for 1 minute and add ¼ of the milk, whisking constantly. Add another ¼ of the milk and keep stirring. Add the rest of the milk, a pinch of salt, pepper and nutmeg, and boil over low heat until the sauce thickens. About 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- When the meat in ready: Break each lasagna noodle into 2 pieces.
- Take 4 pieces and submerge them into bottom of the slow cooker using a wooden spoon.
- Take another 4 pieces and repeat but this time submerge them until the middle of the filling.
- Take the last 4 pieces and place them on top of the filling.
- Pour the bechamel sauce over the last lasagna noodle layer and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 1 hour on HIGH.
- Let sit for 30 minutes and serve. Enjoy!
The slow cooker I use is this one from Crockpot. It is almost 6 years old and still loving it.
This post contains affiliate links.