Slow cooker healthy zucchini brownie, easy, moist and with lots of chocolate.
It is zucchini season and I harvest 3-4 each week so I had to get creative to find new ways to enjoy them. This healthy zucchini brownie with lots of chocolate is a keeper.
Moist and rich in chocolate, couldn’t ask more. Well, actually it is easy to make and this version is for the slow cooker so no need to turn on the oven.
Shall we start?
For more healthy dessert ideas, check here.
And for more slow cooker recipes, let me inspire you with some ideas.
Slow cooker healthy zucchini brownieCourse: DessertCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
200 g zucchini, grated
120 g date caramel
50 g olive oil
40 ml milk
40 g wholemeal flour
50 g cacao powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
60 g chocolate chunks (85% cacao)
- Topping idea
50 g chocolate (85%)
1 tsp olive oil
- Place the egg in a large bowl and whisk using an electric mixer or a stand mixer until light and fluffy. About 3 minutes.
- Stir in the date paste and whisk.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Stir in melted chocolate, olive oil, vainilla extract and milk. Mix until combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Fold in grated zucchini.
- Place parchment paper on the slow cooker and pour the batter into the slow cooker.
Add sliced pear on top of the batter.
Place a clean kitchen towel under the lid and place it on the slow cooker.
Cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Allow the cake to cool down for 20 minutes before pulling it off the slow cooker.
- Place the cake on a wooden board and add the extra topping chocolate if you like it extra chocolaty.
- Topping: Melt the chocolate. Add the olive oil and combine. Drizzle brownie with melted chocolate.
The slow cooker I use is this one from Crockpot. It is almost 6 years old and still loving it.
The Slow cooker healthy zucchini brownie post contains affiliate links.