Sea bass tiradito the classic recipe.
We are going to make a classic leche de tigre, with aji amarillo paste, fresh cilantro, fresh fish, lots of lime juice… All the classic ingredients to make a delicious and fresh sea bass tiradito at home.
The most difficult ingredient to find might be the aji amarillo. I could not find it fresh but the paste was easier to find. You can buy it online in lots of different stores, if you are in The Netherlands, I bought mine at Tjin’s Toko. They have lots of interesting products if you are into Asian cuisine too.
Rest of the ingredients are easy to find, just make sure you get a food quality fresh sea bass.
Can I use any other fish?
Sea bass, dorada, red mullet or corvina are excellent options too.
Sea bass tiraditoCourse: StarterCuisine: PeruvianDifficulty: Easy
2 sea bass fillet, skinless
- Leche de tigre
3 teaspoon aji amarillo paste
80 ml lime juice
2 ice cubs
1 small garlic clove
1 small piece fresh ginger (same size as the garlic)
1/4 cup cold water
2 small pieces of fresh sea bass
3-4 leaves of fresh cilantro
Extra: 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Place the platter in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the sea bass into thin slices. Place them on the cold platter and keep in the refrigerator.
- In a blender, combine all the leche de tigre ingredients, except the olive oil. Blend until combined. Add the olive oil and blend again. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Top the sea bass with the sauce. Serve and enjoy it immediately.
- Toppings: No need to add toppings but if you want to add some, go with: fresh cilantro, thinly sliced red onion, roasted corn (crushed), tomatillos…
If you need more appetizer ideas, check some more her.
You have a typo. I assume the second time you list garlic, you mean ginger
You are completely right, I just changed it 🙂
Hope you like the recipe,