The perfect pintxo or starter for any dinner, soft and tender garlic mushrooms in white wine sauce. Get some bread as you will need it for the sauce.
Sauteed mushrooms with onion and garlic and then simmered in white wine to get the best sauce.
Just a few ingredients and super easy to make. It is also a great side dish for any roasted meat.
More pintxos (tapas/fingerfood) next Saturday 🙂 #pintxorootsandcook.
Garlic Mushrooms in White Wine sauceCourse: side dish, pintxo, tapaCuisine: BasqueDifficulty: Easy
Perfect side dish recipe to eat with a main roasted meat of vegetable.
1 kg clean mushrooms
1 onions, chopped
5 garlic cloves, chopped
1 cup white wine
1 cup water
2 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add finely chopped garlic and onion, cook for 6 minutes or until golden.
- Stir in mushrooms and flour. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add white wine and water. Add cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil, lower the heat and simmer (uncovered) for 35 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- When the mushrooms are almost ready add chopped parsley.
- Garnish with more parsley and serve.
- Can be stored in the fridge in a closed container up to 4 days.
- Do not freeze the mushrooms as they get mushy.