A family recipe with a twist and a bundt pan is all I used to make this amazing chocolate olive oil cake.
This bundt cake has all the things I like on a cake. It has chocolate, it is extremely spongy and stays moist for a couple of days. Although it never lasts more than two days 🙂
A topping I decided to drizzle it with melted dark chocolate… for sure the cherry on top of the cake. I am sure you are going to love the recipe.
If you are not a big fan of olive oil cakes you can always use melted butter. Although I can ensure that the cake will with have a soft olive oil flavour but all its moist. Just one of my favourite cakes to make ones in a while.
Definitely a winner if you need to bring a dessert for dinner. It is easy to make, delicious and eye-catching.
You can use any bundt pan to bake the cake but if you are looking for a special one as mine, you can look for a Nordic Ware Heritage Bundt Pan. The quality of this pan is just amazing and your cakes will always be perfectly baked. Always a nice gift idea for a wish list 😉 if you like baking.
Chocolate Olive Oil CakeCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
You can use melted butter instead of olive oil.
1 cup yoghurt
15 g baking powder
1 and 1/2 cups olive oil
1 cup sugar
3 cups all-purposed flour
2 tablespoon cacao powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
50 g dark chocolate (mine was Lindt 85% cacao)
1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC ( 350ºF). Grease a bundt pan with olive oil or butter.
- Separate the egg yolks from egg white. Place both in large bowls.
- Whip egg whites until stiff peaks form. Use a hand-mixer. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the yolks, yoghurt and sugar until smooth. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Pour half of the cake mixture into a large bowl. Add cacao powder and mix until combined.
Add half of the whipped egg white and gently fold in the whites with a spatula until combined.
- Add the other half of the whipped egg whites into the normal cake mixture and fold in the whites with a spatula.
- Pour half of the normal cake mixture into a bundt pan. Pour half of the chocolate mixture. Repeat with the remaining normal cake mixture and finish with the chocolate mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 180ºC.
- Allow at least 30 minutes cooling time. Invert onto a plate.
- Melt the chocolate. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and mix.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the cake. Slice and serve.
Do you want more dessert ideas? Check this recipes.