Easy chickpea stew ready in 30 minutes. A quick and delicious way to eat legumes when you do not have much time to cook.
Do you need more legume recipes? Here are some of my favourites.
Hope you like it!
Easy chickpea stewCourse: MainCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
400 g tinned chickpeas, drained
1/2 onion, chopped
1 carrot, diced
1/4 cabbage, sliced
2 garlic cloves
200 ml tinned tomatoes
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 medium-size potatoes, sliced
1 bay leaf
500 ml water or vegetable stock
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic cloves and potatoes, cook for about 4 minutes, until browned.
- Add onion, carrot and cabbage, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add paprika, cumin powder, bay leaf and tinned tomatoes. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add drained chickpeas and water. Season with some salt. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce to a simmer for 18 minutes.
- Bring it back to boil for the last 2 minutes to thicken the sauce.