Classic rhubarb tarte tatin is a must in rhubarb season.
April and May are rhubarb season and there is no better combination than sugar, butter and rhubarb.
Where can I find fresh rhubarb? Here.
Classic tarte tatin with rhubarb is the easiest and most delicious dessert of the season. You will just need a few ingredients, 4 actually and 30 minutes.
The key for this colourful dessert is an skillet or a pan than can go into the oven, I use this lodge skillet and I love it.
Arrange the rhubarb: You can get creative and make a nice shape as I did or keep it simple and just line up the rhubarb. Up to you 🙂
If you want to create a similar shape to the one I need you just need to cut the rhubarb into 2-3 cm pieces diagonally. Then simply copy the shape on the photo.
You can just serve the tarte tatin as it is or with some vanilla ice cream on top, so so good!
Rhubarb tarte tatinCourse: Dessert, TraditionalCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Easy
80 g sugar
350 g rhubarb, cut into 2-3 pieces
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 sheet butter puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 220 °C.
- Place the sugar in a skillet (oven proof).
- Cook over low heat into the sugar melts and transforms into caramel.
- Turn off the heat and arrange the rhubarb pieces over the caramel. You can get creative and create a nice shape.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon over the rhubarb.
- Place the pastry over the rhubarb and tuck in edges.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Place a serving plate on top of the skillet and CAREFULLY invert it onto the plate.
- Serve immediately.
This post contains affiliate links.