Sauteed Jerusalem Artichoke with delicious brava style sauce.
Jerusalem artichokes are not a well know vegetable but I can assure you that they are delicious.
I got them last week in my etepetete box and I had to test something with them.
Jerusalem Artichoke ?
This root vegetable looks like a little potato and tastes between roasted potatoes and artichokes. I am a huge artichoke lover so I loved them.
As it has a really delicious flavour I decided to cook a simple brava style sauce to dip the sauteed Jerusalem artichokes, I loved the result.
WARNING: If you never had them before you need to know that a friend told me they are also called #fartichoke and I can tell you it is true 🤣
Enjoy the recipe!
Sauteed Jerusalem Artichoke with brava sauceCourse: Starter, AppetizersCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
300 g Jerusalem artichokes
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon olive oil
- Brava style sauce
1/2 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon apple vinegar
- Scrub Jerusalem artichokes and cut them into chunks.
- Place them in a medium-size pan with the garlic cloves and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Fry on medium heat until golden on both sides, about 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook them for about 4 minutes to soften.
- Add smoked paprika, tomato sauce, vinegar and a pinch of salt. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the sauce to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve the sauteed artichokes on a plater and spoon over the brava sauce.