Mango tarte tatin is a must in mango season.
October is end of the season for European mangoes, they are super sweet at the moment, so perfect to make tarte tatin.
Where did I get these mangoes? Here.
Classic tarte tatin with mango is the easiest and most delicious dessert to make if you have friends over. You will just need a few ingredients and 30 minutes.
The key for this colourful dessert is an skillet or a pan than can go into the oven, I use this lodge skillet and I love it.
Do you want more mango recipes?
There are lots of different recipes that you can do with mango, hope these recipes inspire you.
Mango tarte tatinCourse: Dessert, TraditionalCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Easy
80 g sugar
1 large mango or 2 small mangoes, sliced
1 sheet butter puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 220 °C.
- Place the sugar in a skillet (oven proof).
- Cook over low heat into the sugar melts and transforms into caramel.
- Turn off the heat and arrange the sliced mango over the caramel. You can get creative and create a nice shape.
- Place the pastry over the mango and tuck in edges.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Place a serving plate on top of the skillet and CAREFULLY invert it onto the plate.
- Serve immediately.
This post contains affiliate links.