Grilled nectarine and bonito or tuna salad, using seasonal fish and fruit, just perfect.
Bonito is in season now and using it grilled on a salad is just a great idea but if you combine it with some fresh lettuce and sweet grilled nectarines is just amazing.
Let me know if you like this summery combination.
Grilled nectarine and bonito saladCourse: SaladsCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
1 tomato, sliced
2 green onions, chopped
1 nectarine, cleaned and sliced
70 g bonito, cut in large cubes
1/4 cup walnuts
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
Ground black pepper
- Place the lettuce, diced tomatoes and green onions on a large platter.
- Heat 1/4 teaspoon olive oil in a griddle pan over high heat.
- Griddle nectarines for 1-2 minutes on each side until charred and caramelised. Transfer and arrange over the lettuce.
- On the same pan over high heat, griddle bonito or tuna cubes. 1 minute max on each side as otherwise it will overcook. Arrange over the lettuce.
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over the dressing and scatter with the walnuts to serve.