Cured sea bass with almonds and grapes, most probably my favourite starter to surprise my guest.
Every time I prepare this recipe everyone loves it. It is not difficult to make and it has all the good things to make a remarkable dish, savoury, sweet, crunchy and fresh. All that in just one bite.
Do you want to surprise your guest? Then this IS your recipe. I can ensure you they will love it.
I share this recipe as part of the Christmas Ebook (Free Ebook) but it really deserves space on the web as lots of people loved the recipe. For me the best recipe of the Ebook.
Do not forget to leave a comment if you try the recipe 🙂
Cured sea bass with almonds and grapesCourse: StarterCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
300 g sea bass, bones removed and skin on
1 kg coarse sea salt
50 g sugar
2 lime zest
8 almonds, sliced and roasted
4-5 seedless red grapes,
- In a large bowl, combine salt, sugar and lime zest.
- In a medium-size container, place 1/2 of the salt mixture.
- Place sea bass fillets with the skin side down. Cover with the rest of the salt mixture. Seal with the lead and refrigerate for 10-12 hours.
- Remove the sea bass from the salt, rinse it under cold running water and pat dry.
- Slice thinly on an angle, do not cut through the skin (do not eat the skin).
- Place on a plate, drizzle with olive oil, add grape slices and sprinkle with roasted almonds. Serve.