Fresh broad beans with porcini mushrooms and poached egg.
An easy and simple recipe to enjoy fresh board beans that are in season right now. I used dried porcini but feel free to use white or cremini mushrooms.
Broad beans with porcini mushroomsCourse: MainCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
150 g broad beans
15 g dried porcini mushrooms
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 poached eggs
Salt and pepper
- Place dried porcini in a medium-size bowl and add boiling water. Soak for 20-30 minutes. Then drain but keep the water.
- In the meantime heat the olive oil in a medium-size pan over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add porcini mushrooms and broad beans. Season with salt and pepper, stir and add ½ of the soaking water. Cook for 5 minutes over high heat. The water needs to evaporate while the board beans cook.
- Meanwhile, follow this video to get perfect poached eggs.
- Place the broad beans and porcini on a platter and add 1 poached in the centre.