Two seasonal ingredients to create a delicious combination, artichoke with mushrooms and poached egg.
Crispy artichokes with some wild mushrooms are always a good idea but if you add a good poached egg on top it just gets better.
I wanted to create a pintxo/tapa version but you can adjust the ingredients and make it for dinner. I love this recipe for dinner.
Don´t know how to clean fresh artichoke?
No worries as I made a short video to show you how to clean artichokes. There are in season and at its best.
Need more appetizer ideas? Check here.
Artichoke with mushrooms and poached eggCourse: Pintxos (Tapas), VegetablesCuisine: Main, TapaDifficulty: Medium
2 fresh artichokes
150 g wild mushrooms
Salt (I used Maldon smoked sea salt)
1 garlic clove
1 lemon juice
- Clean the artichokes. See video below.
- Fill a large bowl with water and pour the lemon juice.
- Slice both artichokes and place them in the bowl with the water and lemon juice.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic clove and cook for 1 minute. This will give a nice garlic flavour to the oil. Remove the garlic.
- Add sliced artichokes and cook 3 minutes from each side until brown and crispy.
- Transfer the artichoker to a plate with kitchen paper to absorb the oil.
- Stir fry the wild mushrooms on the same pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Meantime cook the poached eggs. (See video)
- Place crispy artichokes and mushrooms on a platter creating some kind of nest.
- Place the poached eggs on top.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve.